View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 01:04 AM

Default Dynaudio Focus 110

Hello,

Thinking that I might try a speaker that would be easier to drive, I extensively auditioned at home Linn Majik 109's and Paradigm Prestige 15B's. While both had nice sound stages, were easier to drive and had more detail than the 110's, I found the Linns dry and analytical and the Paradigms way too bright and fatiguing. The Linns and Paradigms are fine speakers, but I now realize what gems I have in the Focus 110's. Such a beautiful warm sound with just enough detail to make things interesting.

I've had my Focus speakers for 9 years and I think that I'll stick with them for now. Due to space limitations, I cannot accommodate speakers much higher than 14 inches and am confined to placing them on bookshelves.

Thanks!
McIntosh MC 2102 (Gold Lion), McIntosh C2300 (Gold Lion), McIntosh MR 78, Linn Majik DS, Linn LP 12 (Afromosia Plinth, Karousel, Kore Sub-Chasis, Trampoline Two, Lingo 3, Akito 3b, T-Kable, Ortofon LV 250 Black), Dynaudio Special 40 Speakers, Woo Audio WA6-SE Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD-2 Headphones, Shunyata Hydra AV