View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Balancing tv size and room acoustics

I'm a relative newcomer to AA and have only made a few replies to posts. This is my first new thread so please forgive me if this has been covered - I searched and didn't find any advice.
I have been in process of converting a bedroom to "my" room. My primary purpose is to make it my 2 channel listening room. However, I hesitate to call it a dedicated listening room because I will be watching TV and generally hanging out in there.
So, for dimensions the room is approx 13'x20 w/8' ceilings. My guess is my speakers will be about 5' from the back wall and 7-8' apart. Listening position will be around 8-9' from the speakers.
Now, the question. Will the size of TV screen make a big difference in the room acoustics? I will cover the TV with an acoustic panel for some listening sessions, but frequently I like to listen and watch TV at the same time. I'm trying to decide on a 55" or 65".
Obviously the bigger the better, but I fear that the bigger screen will introduce more unwanted reflections. I just don't know if the TV screen size would make a difference.
Thanks all, in advance. And, BTW this is the best of all the audio forums thanks to all of you and Ivan.
Gary