View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Wonderful system your e built Stephen, thanks for showing us. What’s the setup with the EtherRegen - what’s the weight on top, and what’s it resting on?
Hey Tony,
The weight on top of ER is..a weight! It's actually a stainless steel door stop that costs $15. Darko uses them for holding down components so they lie flat, and I do, too. The ER is upside down because of how the Shunyata Omega Ether cable is dressed; because the RJ45 ports on the ER and the SOtM are not in the same orientation (what's up with that, anyway?), when connecting the Omega Ether (which is fairly stiff) to them when they are both on the same shelf causes one component to want to "twist" or lift up. So, given where the SOtM is, and how the Ether cable runs when it's on the same shelf, it's just easier to flip ER upside down, and then the Ether cable actually dresses in a "horizontal" orientation, and then I use the doorstop to hold down ER down securely.

The ER is resting on Herbie's Audio Labs Tenderfeet, which work a treat! They're inexpensive (like $16/ea), and they really work, so they're perfect for applications like this. I'm also using an AfterDark Master Clock connected to ER (which is also resting on Tenderfeet), which was a revelation and a real bargain the performance upgrade it brings for the price. I'll take a pic of that and post it today.

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-16-2022 at 12:12 PM.