View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Jerry

You are right Ron's reference system is one of the finest anywhere in the world, I would love to get back there and spend some time with the new speakers, and to give the 111F's a go.

Yeah he is a bit fickle but he is a salesman. If he can't get you to drop some Singapore dollars for a MBL rig he will push the Rowlands. I heard 116's and 121's driven by the Rowland's one time but he always had the Rockports on static display.

Hope you are well my friend.
Jim
Hi Jim,

I am well (or rather getting on the road to recovery). For sure, I could not part with my Acapellas as they do sounded nice and musical. Moreover, its a heavy "investment", the highest I have ever done for a pair of speakers.

He did sold me the idea of the Jeff Rowland's Class D amps - model M501's, a far cry from the very expensive 300 series with build in DC conditioner. Looking at it, the PS Audio PPP perform the same (or almost the same) process, so might as well give the M501's a listen. He promised me a pair in 4 weeks time. So, I shall wait. Small, little cute amps with powerful output.

I am looking forward to your next visit. For sure, would love to have more time with you.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 07-05-2009 at 06:18 AM.