View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Jim,

Heard and seen the NEW MBL Reference Lineage setup and Ron's place - complete with Wireworld cables. The new 101E MKII speakers are so beautiful. 4 golden looking pods/pugs per side flanking the sides while the ports are now "recessed" rather than the previous model protruding. Understand new bass drivers and X'overs.

4 pieces of 9008 driving these speakers and of course the 1622 SACD transport + 1611F DA, 6010 pre. This is one of the few complete REFERENCE systems I would love to own (apart form the other 3 more). Kinda makes me sound like a muslim who can have four wives - in this case, 4 systems!

You got to hear them when over here in your next visit!

On the other hand, Ron is also talking me about Jeff Rowland and Rockports ... He's also kinda fickle isnt he? Heh!

Cheers!
Jerry

You are right Ron's reference system is one of the finest anywhere in the world, I would love to get back there and spend some time with the new speakers, and to give the 111F's a go.

Yeah he is a bit fickle but he is a salesman. If he can't get you to drop some Singapore dollars for a MBL rig he will push the Rowlands. I heard 116's and 121's driven by the Rowland's one time but he always had the Rockports on static display.

Hope you are well my friend.
Jim