Thread: The Big Three
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Hear to listen...

On Tuesday, the event was at HiFi House's Jenkintown, PA location, and they had Alexandrias, Sashas, and Sophias running. They were using Sooloos into the Meridian 808 CD player as a source for Sasha...didn't note the pre-amp...to D'Agostino Momentum monoblocks. I believe the Alexandrias ran with ARC Ref CD8 to ARC Ref 5 to D'Agostinos although I didn't really take note of the source & pre. I'm fairly certain that Sophia ran ARC CD5 to ARC LS27 to Ayre V-5xe with Transparent Reference cabling. I don't recall seeing Reference MM2 or Opus MM2 products on any system, but I didn't study it and could be wrong.

It was surely a blast of a night...the Alexandrias just make me smile and shake my head with their power, presence, and detail...they'd also make me bankrupt, but, at least, it would be a somewhat pleasant filing.

I was hoping to swing down to Wilmington for a bit, yesterday, to watch Peter McGrath go through his setup, but I got tied up. Bill, I look forward to meeting at some point in the future.

Aural pleasures courtesy of SME, Dynavector, Audio Research, Simaudio, Wireworld, & Wilson

Last edited by BlueChiaro; 05-06-2011 at 02:01 PM.