View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 06:13 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I think Buck raises some excellent points. Start with the amp/preamp foundation you want to live with for the longer term, then look to sources. On the other hand if you come across the right deal for a source you’re confident is a long-term foundational piece, don’t pass it by.
I'm with Tony here as well.......the longer I've been in high end audio, the more I seemed to be on the upgrade train......the quicker you can get off that the better for not only your system but also for the pocketbook. I realize that not everyone can go out and plunk down the cash for your bucketlist speaker or amplifier, but like he said, if you can hold down a component that can become a foundation for your system LONG term, it may save more money in the long term to go for it and not look back!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3