View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 02:38 PM

WAF is huge. I run 65' 10 gauge from my office, through the garage and into the music room. The benefits include a clean look in the music room (speakers only, wife happy), isolated turntable from all vibration, and equipment at my fingertips when in the office. I also wirelessly connect Spotify using Bluesound Node2 into a Sabre D18 DAC into a Mac MA6900. But I digress. Form Blue Jeans Cable, "speaker cable is a bit different from a lot of the interconnect cables we handle, in several respects. Because speakers are driven at low impedance (typically 4 or 8 ohms) and high current, speaker cables are, for all practical purposes, immune from interference from EMI or RFI, so shielding isn't required. The low impedance of the circuit, meanwhile, makes capacitance, which can be an issue in high-impedance line or microphone-level connections practically irrelevant. The biggest issue in speaker cables, from the point of view of sound quality, is simply conductivity; the lower the resistance of the cable, the lower the contribution of the speaker cable's resistance to the damping factor, and the flatter the frequency response will be."