Thread: Mp 1100
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 11:38 PM

I'm just checking back in with some further observations about my experience with the MP1100. I've had mine up and running for about four months now. I wrote a review of sorts when I first installed it. Now we're getting some miles on it.

What I have observed is that it continues to improve with time. I had been following the Audio Research threads here at AA and noted very long break-in periods for their products. I had never really considered that McIntosh was that needful of prolonged break-in periods. This MP1100 has me thinking otherwise. It sounds much more tube-esque than when I first installed it, when I thought its sonic leanings were more characteristic of solid state equipment.

The other observation is that I find if I let it warm up for what I consider an extensive period -- maybe 45 minutes to an hour -- before I drop the needle on a piece of vinyl, it is much, much improved.

So it benefits from a prolonged break-in period, measured over months rather than days. And it benefits from a prolonged warm-up period before being put in to service. Such are my thoughts. I'd love to hear from other owners whether this matches their experience.

Last edited by MisterBritt; 09-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.