View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 05:46 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Charles.......Having backup tubes of your favorite ones is always a good thing. The small tubes in a preamplifier will most likely last anywhere from 6000 to 8000 hours, perhaps even a bit longer. Unless you do a lot of listening it will be years before the spares will be needed. one the less, it is good to have them on hand.
The tubes arrived Saturday and they will indeed serve as backups, as I've decided to stay with my outboard phono preamp. But I'm now not certain when the original pair of Black Diamonds will get back into the 2300, as things are sounding really good right now with the new power cords (delivered on Saturday also) on sources, in combination with the JJ ECC803s / Hi-Performance 12AX7 Gold Pin tubes already in place. At the least, I want to do some additional discovery with this new setup before making the change to other tubes because it's been only one day so far.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks