Thread: C-47 vs. C2600
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea music View Post
I had the C47 for 6 months and then traded for the C2600. I actually did not do an a/b on them because no one had one when they came out. I did do an a/b with a loner C22 to see
if I liked the tube sound. I liked it enough to trade in the C47 and get the C2600 figuring
that it was at least as good as playing the C22 thru my C47 Dac to do the test. It was and
I am glad I switched. The C2600 just has more lifelike presence in that middle sweet spot
that most of my music has, jazz, vocals etc. I find that I just enjoy it more than the C47.
I was happy with the C47 and still would be if I had not switched. It is not a huge difference but for me in hindsight I am very glad I did it. I have it paired with the mc301's and mct450
Transport. I will tell you the first day with the C22 I was happy that I wasn't going to have to spend any more money. By the third day I was negotiating the trade in for a C2600. I do not think 30 minutes in a stereo store is enough to experience the full difference in the two
preamps. Hopefully you have a local store that will let you demo over a long weekend with
your equipment.
This in incredibly helpful! Thank you!
Fortunately, we have a top notch shop here that has a generous audition policy. I think it might be worth a listen to see about trading up. Largely, I really love my system, but it can be a tad on the analytical side depending on the material. I love the transparent sound of my C47, but can't help but wonder if the 2600 wouldn't add the warmth to my system that I'm looking for. As long as the 2600 is as transparent as the C47, I'm not sure how I can lose....except for the obvious drain in the bank account