View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
So, I just got home from Buck's house (into which you could fit three of my homes). He and his lovely wife and daughters were kind enough to invite me in and served a wonderful dinner.

The real attraction for the evening though was those big boy Avalons (which I'd never heard or seen) and the D'agostinos. They were beyond their reputation - the precision of the presentation, the complete and utter disappearance of the speakers, wicked control and presentation (particularly in the decay to my ear), the breadth and depth of the soundstage - it was all amazing. Buck's room is as beautiful in person as it is in the photos - I love it because it doesn't look like a sound room - it looks like a lovely place to be, and it is.

We listened to a Stevie Ray Vaughn track and it was as if Stevie was on the other side of the block - not in a gimmicky way, but it a way that made you think you were in the room and there was just a wonderful deep soundstage.

My only bad news for the evening is that I'll never be able to vouch for Buck with his wife when purchasing new gear. What he has sounds so good and is so well put together, he simply doesn't need anything else.
Thanks!!! You beat me to it.....I just posted a couple of the pictures my wife took. Glad to know you got home safe since it's such a long trip for you "inside the perimeter" guys (Atlanta joke).
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3