View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......I heard you when you made your comment with respect to dollars versus performance, and I am in agreement. It is unfortunate that investing $3800.00 in a phono stage doesn't produce greater results. The real eye opener for me was how well the McIntosh MC phono stage sounds in comparison.

I appreciate the offer to audition the EAR324P. I may just take you up on it.
Yep, the built in McPhono is no slouch. I think you will be very impressed with the EAR324P though. My preference is for tubed phono stages having experienced the Shindo with SUT and the REF2 phono but.... The EAR324P comes awfully close and in combination with a decent tubed preamp.... It simply rocks and may very well knock your socks off with its bass and tube like liquidity. I've enjoyed it tremendously for the past few years. Here is a primer in case you haven't seen this review: EAR 324 phono preamplifier | Stereophile.com

By the way, no obligations on your part whatsoever.... I simply want to share the EAR with you so you can come to your own conclusions and have another frame of reference.