View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Again, Dan, congrats.

Once you get the XP-15 settled in and lived with for a while and the "cash outlay" situation settles down, I'd still recommend considering a standalone Step-Up Transformer for the Cadenza Black. It will take your Gyro and Cadenza to it's full capability. That Ortofon SUT looks pretty nice.

I had a buddy over last weekend and did a comparo for him with my Shelter using the "el cheapo" Yoshino SUTs built in to the EAR and the standalone Bob's Devices SUT. My buddy was shocked at the improvement. He also has a Koetsu and GyroDec with SME 309, and said he's going to have to get one because he now realizes that he's not getting the full performance out of his Koetsu using the SUTs in his EAR834.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.