View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 08:23 PM

Default Pictures of Hammer

Pictures: There is a special dealer supplied rubber mat that the Hammer sets on protecting both the Hammer and my hardwood floor. The sub is literally glued to the floor and the result is a much better IMO bass than could ever be achieved from an upright/vertical mount.When I owned Genesis II's I learned first hand how large subs could move over time. Although I understand that proper mounting prevents that, nevertheless, there will still be some movement compared to a horizontal mount, IMO. Also, the sound stage is unaffected, meaning that the bass is totally unified. The Alexx like all big Wilsons has an elevated soundstage and the bass is elevated right along with the midrange and treble. I am used to an elevated soundstage. The voice on the Alexx is slightly above the middle of the TV, between the middle and top of the TV. I like this a lot. You can see the AQ Redwood speaker cable and the Wolfe sub woofer IC cable in these pics. These are gorgeous cables. Also the Hurricane HC pc going into the middle 1.25KW. I went all out on the Alexx: Solid silver WEL's and Dragons. It was amazing how much improvement in overall sound the cabling made. I might add that I took AQ's recommendation for my cabling. These are the cables and pc's AQ recommended, period.

I have just posted some new pics of my room (man cave) and system in the Member System Forum Section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190517_144116.jpg (89.6 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 20190517_144305.jpg (94.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 20190517_144908.jpg (83.6 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Charles; 05-19-2019 at 09:41 PM.