View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
Hey Pio,

I ordered a set of those SVSound Soundpath Subwoofer isolation feet and tried them out.

I liked the way they worked re: isolation but they made the speakers too unstable, they wobbled too much IMO. I ended up going back the the stock spikes with the rounded end on my tile floors. They don't look great, but they sure make a big difference in the sound of the speakers without any decoupling from the floor.
True! Due to the height of the speaker the SVS isolators do make them less stable than the spikes. But high center of gravity speakers will always suffer from some of that. With 3 young kids at home I often worry about them tipping over my 180 lb 802's and the 208's are only about 70 or 80 lbs.

I kept them on because I have neighbors downstairs, more than anything to avoid any vibration transferring through the floor. I don't think they sound any better (or worse) with the spikes vs the isolators. The difference in sound is probably the height of the tweeter as the SVS pieces raise the speakers a bit. Again, worked for me due to my seating position. Sorry it didn't work for you Rex. Did SVS honor their 45 day in home trial?