View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird View Post
I spoke with the folks at Revel today. They advised power in the 500+ range, but cautioned against anything more than 750 watts (and then proceeded to give me a technical talk on overheating drivers....all very interesting). When I asked about bi-amping (active or passive), they weren't in favor of it. When I asked about 1200 watts vs 600 watts, they thought the 600 watt amps would be a better fit. Now I'm really confused!

When I spoke with my Mc dealer, he indicated the "sonic signature" of the 601's was different, and in his opinion, better than the 1.2's for the Salon 2's. Not sure if anyone here has an opinion on this...? What I don't want to do is end up with the 601's and wish I had more power. My back can't take much more carrying big a$$ amps up and down the stairs!

A friend of mine who knows a heck of a lot more than me about this stuff, told me "the Salon2 is difficult to drive. It really comes alive with a big amplifier behind it. The difficulty to drive is not just because of the lowish sensitivity; they have impedance dips and phase-angle swings that make it tough on an amplifier."

Maybe 4 601's biamped is the ultimate answer!

mbovaird......I will happily/gladly/gleefully swap my MC601's for your pair of MC2301's even trade...............they are in mint shapy and fully broken in