View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadave View Post
I appreciate everyone's comments. The reason I'm asking is the cost estimate I received is north of $10k for a 12 x 12 room. The products would be coming from ASC. The other thing giving me some angst is the proposal is being done without anyone ever setting foot in the room.
I've equipped several rooms over the years with ASC products (I have no affiliation with them). In every case, the addition of their products made dramatic improvements to the sound. The effect is additive. Start with the room corners. A stack of round traps in each corner will take your sound to a new level. Then add first reflection points. Then front wall absorption etc etc until you have a full room. It doesn't have to be everything at once. They are indeed not cheap but depending on the cost of your stereo equipment, they offer value for the price. I also used some GIK diffusers in my current room to help with the soundstage. Also very effective. The pictures give you an idea of what is possible. I've made some improvements since then but you get the idea.

Cincy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0434.JPG (90.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0436.JPG (73.3 KB, 180 views)
Magico Q-Sub 15 Subwoofers (2)
Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and Interconnects
PS Audio P20 regenerator
Roon file management