View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM

I'm thinking the issue I had was with the amp---I was sleeping in a dead quiet room at 4am and then I thought one of our smoke alarms was going off--woke me from a dead sleep--it was not a subtle hum--it was a moderately loud buzz--took me a minute to discover it was from one of my F113s--mine was only a few months old--had never had any problem--the unit was switched on and receiving NO signal at the time the buzz began. I disconnected the XLR cables--cutoff the unit--turned it back on--same loud buzz. I wish I had received a repair diagnostic but they did not send one. My units are on dedicated 20amp circuits.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
Is there a fan in the F113?

I noticed mine had a slight hum/buzz when I plugged in power but it buzzed even without any RCA/XLR connection plugged in. And this is with the grounding set for RCA.
Main system: B&W 802 Diamond, McIntosh MC 601 x2 , J L Audio F113 x2 w/Sound Anchor stands, McIntosh C2300 w/Gold Lion 12AX7s , OPPO BDP95, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 Balanced ICs,PCs, bi-wired speaker cables. Sennheiser HD600, Rega P5 TT w/PSU, Running Springs "Dimitri" power conditioner, ASC 13" traps, and Dynavector 20xl MC cart.Manley Chinook phonostage.