Thread: Legacy
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier85 View Post
Agree with Oscar here.

I have my Focus SE hooked up to the Pb2 and Wavelet.

My living room is less than ideal but the wavelet somehow manages to make it sound magical still.
Great setup with the AERIS & Wavelet and Caliber & Wavelet; those monoblocks are also to die for in the sound quality department! As a long-time owner of the Legacy, and most recently the AERIS + Wavelet, I will say the ones in this photo should be toed in more to point the tweeters immediately behind the head at the listening position, same with Calibers. The AERIS could also be pulled out from the backwall another 1-2 feet to have more breathing room. It's true Wavelet basically takes the room out of the equation but starting with a better setup yields even better results.

For any Wavelet owner out there, 2 important upgrades I made that pole-vaulted overall performance was the use of a HDPlex bespoke power supply made to Legacy's specs. (HDPlex owner made 5 such linear-regulated supplies and knows the specs....) Another upgrade was the use of a custom XLR5:XLR5 umbilical from Revelation Audio (Cardas, Kimber, and one other also agreed they could build it), between Wavelet and the PSU. This combination plus what AERIS & Wavelet was so good, when I had to get out of active speaker setups due to complexity and a very strong WAF issue, it took the TAD R1s to better what the Legacy setup I had provided,...no b.s. I listened to many speakers $150k and under,...only the R1s had what it took to equal/better the AERIS-Wavelet-HDPlex-RevAudiolabs combo I had running. I parted with that setup to a good friend's home in Florida but not without alot of sadness....

Anyone contemplating anything from Legacy is making a damned smart move IMHO...