View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logey View Post
Well I traded in the Orangutan 96's today for my dealers demo pair of Silverback's in walnut. After living with the O's for a couple of months I realized I like speakers that are more resolving, more transparent, have the ability to project a large soundstage and have deep, tight bass. I think the SB's are those speakers. My dealer kept me whole on my O's purchase and will let me upgrade the Silverback's whenever I want. Pretty excited. He should be able to deliver them next week.

He did mention that my Cortese may not be the best match. Anyone have any experience with the Cortese driving a pair of SB's?

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Congrats Logey! The SBs are spectacular -I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I demo'd the Cortese a few years ago and remember being floored what those 10 Watts could do. Frankly, the biggest tipping point for me choosing the Sinhonias over the Cortese was that I was looking at the last pair of Sinhonias available -so it would've been much easier to go back to the Cortese if I wasn't happy.

I think it may just come down to they type of music and how you listen to it. I gotta imagine there are quite a few happy Cortese/Silverback owners out there. I thought it was a remarkable combo.