View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM

So I recently updated from the N10 to W20. Yes I know there is a lot of discussion is the W20 going to be replaced but really with what? Maybe a fancy color screen but other then that its hard to image what sonically can be done but I'm sure they are working on it. Either way figured why wait. Just wanted the best digital I could for my system and this seemed like an obvious next move. Actually did it without a demo if you can believe. With my past history with Aurender I just know they make solid products and figured the W20 would shine and it sure did.

I knew the W20 was bigger like 1" higher and a little bigger W and L but when you put the two side by side the W20 makes the N10 look small. And the N10 is not all that small. Also you definitely need both hands to lift it its one heavy box!!

So I was concerned about moving from the N10 to the W20 and not using at least for now a clock or dual XLR would do anything. Well let me tell you after a good 150 hours of break-in it kicks butt! I'm hearing much better separation of instruments/vocals, little things I have not heard before, deeper sound stage and better bass. So I'm a very happy camper!

Another point I would like to make is the I have played with power cables to the W20 and just as suspected you can get by with a lot less expensive power cable as the only thing that power does it charge the batteries. So what I'm getting at is there is about a 10k difference at least LP between the N10 and W20 but if you figure in even a modest power cable to feed the N10 that cost difference could be substantially less. I used Nordost cables and initially I had Vahalla 2 power to the N10 but about a year ago upgraded to Odin 1 power. I immediately noticed a difference. Recently I have tried the Odin and a Try 2 with the W20 and I'm hearing no difference at all. I'm thinking you could even go lower in the Nordost line with little impact. I have not tested this but that is my feeling. I'm not saying go with the stock cable but something reasonable. Just something to think about.

2 Channel: Bricasti M12 DAC & M28's Mono's Black / Aurender N10 Black / Treatments: RPG BAD ARC panels (F, S, Bass Trap & R walls)
Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's Subs tuned w/PBK
Grounding: Nordost QKore 6 (2-M28, 1-N10, 1-M12, 1-QB8, 1-Router) / 8' Earth Ground Rod / Bricasti M12 w/Acoustic Revive RGC-24
Nordost: 5-QV2 & QK1, 2-QX4 / 12-TC Kones, 27-Sort Fut & 28-LIft / O1/O2/V2 Pwr / O2: Trunk, M12, SC, Digital & XLR's / H2 Network / V2 RCA Sub's
Misc: Mini iPad / Furutech GTX-DNCF / LED lighting / Aurender AMM / Lovan Rack / SR Quantum Blue Fuses & Black Box
Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6-Vanquish, Focus / Parasound: 3-A23 &1-31 / Entreq SM /65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60/ Nordost O1/V2/Tyr 2

Last edited by GW1800; 08-27-2018 at 11:42 AM.