View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:42 PM

I have owned the PL in field coil for the last year and have wanted for nothing. The 753 have a 15 inch woofer rather than the PL's 12. I would expect them to sound tonally similar and if so, I would highly recommend them. The PL are even more coherent than the single driver Lafite I owned and have much more presence. No contest. I can't compare these exact two speakers you asked about, but I've owned both speakers of similar design. I'd never move from the PL as the Latour are too big for the room.

How about the 604 in field coil as a possibility? You can get it in both the Latour and Petite Latour cabinet size. Kevin bought it in the Latour cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Musica View Post
Bill (Loop4fun) - I have talked with my dealer about the 753's. They are still made, but my dealer does not carry them. Before I would consider a long road trip from Ohio to New York to hear them, I am hoping to get some feedback from people who have heard them. I do like the way they look, and another plus is the fact that my wife also likes the way they look!
Best Regards,
Steven