View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:59 PM

Well, it's been a couple of months since I last posted in this thread. Here is what we have been up to:

1. We traveled to Flagstaff, Prescott, Wickenburg, Phoenix and the 'burbs around the metro area the first week of December. We toured at least 15 homes and got a very good idea on how the market is working there. The wife flew back from Phoenix on a Friday and I started the journey back, by vehicle, the next day. The drive back was epic.

2. We started getting the house in order. The sorting, downsizing and donating was completed before Xmas. The last of the sale items leave the house next week.

3. We had our own inspection done then hired a firm to rectify most of the list. I finished off the list myself in the middle of December.

4. We hired an agent, "de-cluttered" the house, moved a few things out and had pictures taken for the real estate online listing. We listed the house on 1/2/2020 and by the evening of 1/5/2020 we had negotiated a final offer.

5. We hired an agent in Arizona to assist us with an offer on the house we selected near Gilbert Arizona and finalized our offer for that property today.

6. The buyer's inspection was completed today and we await any buyer's repair addendum that may be coming our way. They have 10 calendar days to file that with our agent.

7. This week I have three moving companys coming over to view the household goods in preparation to provide us a quote to move our belongings to the new abode. I am also reviewing and signing escrow documents on the sale here plus a bunch of other paperwork.

We expect to be out of the house here between 2/6 & 2/10 and closing on the new place on or about 2/14.

It's a busy time!