View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post

Mark and Mike,

Prior to getting the ARC components, I was using Anthem. I was not happy with the system. The change to ARC completely changed (transformed) the system. Initially, I purchased the LS27. Earlier this year, I listened to the Ref 5 SE at my ARC dealer and I was hooked!

Replacing the LS with the SE brought the system to a higher level. The bottom end is fuller and deeper. The soundstage is very wide with very focus imaging. The highs are accurate and not cold at all. It is quite a piece the Ref 5SE.

My Salons sing nicely with the ARC components. I believe the system can improve some more with a better amp. I've been considering options but have not landed on a solution. The DS450 drives the Salons with ease, but I think an amp with the quality of the Ref series would further add to the experience.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer questions...
Wait for Mark's review on the Classe CA-M600's.....might be something to consider. I would be concerned that even the Ref 250's would run out of juice driving the (amazing!) Salon 2's. Does the Ref 150 or 250 double down into 4 ohms or is the power constant?