View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP View Post
Mike, how well does it work with our Salon 2's ?
I've been toying with the idea of a tube pre for awhile now. I don't know if I can swing the price though.
I'm going to listen to the new amps for a bit beforeI do anything , butI wanted your feedback on ARC preamps in general,with the Salons.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark and Mike,

Prior to getting the ARC components, I was using Anthem. I was not happy with the system. The change to ARC completely changed (transformed) the system. Initially, I purchased the LS27. Earlier this year, I listened to the Ref 5 SE at my ARC dealer and I was hooked!

Replacing the LS with the SE brought the system to a higher level. The bottom end is fuller and deeper. The soundstage is very wide with very focus imaging. The highs are accurate and not cold at all. It is quite a piece the Ref 5SE.

My Salons sing nicely with the ARC components. I believe the system can improve some more with a better amp. I've been considering options but have not landed on a solution. The DS450 drives the Salons with ease, but I think an amp with the quality of the Ref series would further add to the experience.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer questions...