View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 08:10 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Default Dear manufacturers: “Please contact your dealer for pricing”

Your ad worked. I’m interested....
Every once and a while I’ll come across a new audio product that peaks my interest. One thing that is a complete turn off is when I reach out to a manufacturer about pricing on a new product and they respond “please contact your local dealer.”
SO frustrating to have to chase down simple information. I make it a point now not to even bother with that product/manufacturer. If a manufacturer can’t even share the MSRP of a new product, that’s a huge red flag. Information is power (it’s called the internet). The irony, IF they simply shared the MSRP up front, and the product fits my budget, I would THEN reach out to an authorized dealer to have a listen and eventually purchase. Oh, so you want me to waste my time calling around town to eventually find out I couldn’t afford your product anyways? Not to name names, but the two most recent experiences were PMC and Eggleston. No thanks...I’ll pass. As a manufacturer, if you think you are “driving business” to your brick and mortar dealers, you are wrong....you are just frustrating your potential customer.

Is it just me??? Or is this super frustrating?!? Sorry for the rant....

Last edited by JWJW; 12-18-2020 at 08:39 AM.