View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 AM

Yeah but the silver finish has a significant brushed texture -- you're really just trading one texture for another. I'd stick with the black if it was available; resale might even be higher there because they're a relatively rare novelty.

The performance of this DAC is VERY good with PCM sources. I mean, seriously good sound quality. A Yggy is certainly a good buy, even if the wrong color. I disliked the Gen 3 USB input, but by all accounts this is now fixed with the Gen 5.

On a certain niche headphone forum/community a couple years ago, one regular bought a Yggy and displaced his K01 (not K01X though) purely on sound quality considerations (and with PCM content being the major priority). Not so sure how much stock I put into that guy's tastes (some, because we both love and run the Stax SR-009 headphones with BHSE amplifier), but he did in fact sell his K01 at a big loss. Of course I know that the build quality of a K01 vs. Yggy are worlds apart -- the K01 chassis provides excellent vibration isolation/damping, its transport is world-class, and its DSD should be absolutely amazing. I've half-heartedly tried converted DSD-to-PCM files on my Yggy, and they weren't inspriring.

Last edited by mulveling; 12-19-2017 at 02:44 AM.