View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:52 PM

From the manual:

FOCAL POINT OF ARRAY: The VR-5 is Time Aligned by use of mechanically displaced voice coils achieved by the tilt-back M/T module and the specialized Global Axis Integration Network
crossover circuit, which achieves the desired phase-consistent sound field over a wide listening area. If you must situate the speakers close together, with a close listening position for near field applications (such as in a recording studio), you may not need to toe the speakers in towards you, but you will need to sit with your ears on the tweeter’s vertical axis for flattest frequency response. The treble response and depth of field will be differentiated when you compare zero toe in with full toe in, please experiment. Note that recording studio near-field monitoring will require substantial absorption or diffusion of the boundaries closest to the M/T modules.
In an average room situation, where the distance between the speakers is equal or lesser than the seating distance, use the following Pink Noise Listening Test to determine the best location for image focus:

Looks like I need to raise my seating position.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.