View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 12:41 PM

I make my oun power cables and use a Poor copper sleeve that I put on the outside of him and then a braided cloth sleeve to cover it back that way I don’t get any interference from the power going to the cable I just don’t see and can’t hear or measure any difference by using these overpriced cryogenically treated type of cables just to a certain point there’s no benefit for buying cables it cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars the goal of a good quality power cables to have it shielded so there no RF interference or any other type of interference from the power going through the cable. And yes I know the math for making a good or even great power cable
You need to use a cable that can handle the Amperage of whatever the audio devices being powered like a regular solid state preamp is not going to pause many amps is a large wattage powering up so of course she would need to use a higher gaged wire in the cables with the main goal in my belief is that you need to have them she wanted and use the best ends that you can use on your cables. And sometimes you don’t need the 3rd wire in the cable as some preamps and amps and other audio gear don’t even use the earth ground wire