Thread: AX-5 Twenty
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtl View Post
I got the impression that the E600 was way better than the E470 and the Esoteric that you switched from. Is it a lack of power that you are noticing? I would take a serious look at the Gryphon Diablo 300 if I were in your position.

The E-600 is way better than the E-470 and Esoteric. There is definitely no lack of power with this amp!

I was considering tubes but the Ayre AX-% Twenty really caught my attention and I have received many recommendations on this amp. I will give it a try.

I'm not sure I could live with the Diablo 300.. looking at getting lighter gear as I ease into old age!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,