Thread: Olympica Nova
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Retired

I was always 'put off' with the over-the-top leather highlights of Sonus Faber (to say nothing of the their "old" sound (to my ears)), which served no purpose. For one, I think it has taken Sonus Faber longer than about any high-end equipment supplier to move into the 21st century. I now find their design, fit & finish second to none these days (on the two higher tiers of speakers) and their SQ thoroughly 'modern' in providing excellent sound.

With the new Olympica Nova III out the predecessor III is hitting the market with some great pricing. Am kicking tires on new speakers and was very impressed with the Olympica IIIs.

Sopra 2s, Wilson Sophia, Canton Ref 5K, Treo CT, JA Perspective ......... so many excellent speakers in the <$10K price range. May even stretch and listen to the Serafino if I run across a pair while shopping. Lots of listening to do over the next several months. The sad part of it is that I will likely never have the opportunity to A/B any of them as they will all reside at different dealers.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag