View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:53 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbig View Post
77” seems like a good size from 12ft. I can say the more I watch, the more I appreciate the A9G. Watching football these days is fantastic. UHD 4K movies are awesome. Even upscaled 1080p looks excellent. You should consider the 65” then. As they say, 65 is the new 55.
I actually am considering it, but also have some concern the 65" would be too big for my room, as it's much smaller than the Magnolia display room and smaller than yours too. When I got my Kuro I had to adjust to the screen size, as I'm prone to vertigo-like episodes; I would get nauseous and such early on, especially if I'd spent a lot of time in front of the computer that day. I had to find a distance that let me have the whole screen in my field of vision and not have to follow objects around on screen. The room is only 14" wide, so it was a challenge.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks