View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 08:36 PM

Default Tubes I'll be trying soon

I was happy to hear the Ken Rad 6v6 tubes sounded so good. I have a bunch of 7c5 Sylvania tubes I've been sitting on for over a decade. Back then I had DIY aspirations so I bought a ton of useful audio tubes with different bases and voltages. The 7c5 is a loctal 6v6 so it'll be fun to try them out. Just got the adapters in so stay tuned in...

I also had another tube put in my radar. The 2e22 is a directly heated pentode that appears to have the same pin out as the 807. Looking at the specs it certainly seems like it should be able to be run in this amp. I don't know if it being a directly heated cathode would screw things up though, I can't seem to find much info about popping it into a 6l6 circuit. Anyone out there have any ideas on the potential danger if any of doing that?

I also found some el39 tubes in my stash from years ago. I'm trying to figure out if they are suitable for this amp and if any of my current adapters could be used with them. Anyone ever hear of using these for audio?

Last edited by Isaacc7; 08-14-2021 at 10:31 PM.