View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:45 PM

Terry, my sound has just gotten better and better as everything breaks in. The Berkeley Alpha USB was a big improvement over just the Berkeley Dac.

Dan, I am using it with the N10. I don't use a laptop for audio. I am going from the Aurender N10 via it's USB output through iFi Gemini cables into an iFi Microi 3.0 then to a WW Platinum Starlight USB cable to the Berkeley Alpha USB then from the Berkeley Alpha USB via it's AES 110 output with Acoustic Zen Absolute 110 cable to the Berkeley Alpha DAC Reference Series 2 MQA via the AES 110 input. Then from the Berkeley DAC to my C1100. I do prefer using the C1100 over the Berkeley's included preamp.
When I spoke with the guys at Berkeley they told me I would get the best sound from my N10 going to the Berkeley Alpha USB first and then into the Berkeley DAC and they were right. They also told me they have MQA on their N10 testing it for their DAC and it should be available soon for our N10's.

Harbeth 40.3 XD, Sound Anchor stands w/ Stillpoints, Luxman M900 & C900, Aurender N20, Jay's Audio CDT3 - MK3 CD player, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Shunyata Everest, Altaira