View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
I think I have had enough time to listen so that at least I can give my early impressions. In comparison to my Shunyata SR-Z1, it sounds more "HiFi ish" where the presentation is very clean. By that, I can state that the SR-Z1 has a rich midrange bloom that gives that tubey sound. I find the SR-Z1 to sound "fuller" and warmer in comparison. Not that the Maestro is cold, not at all. Just that the SR-Z1 is more on the warm side. To my taste, I think I prefer the warmer presentation of the SR-Z1 rather than the all-clean one of the Maestro. But this is definately all about personal taste, and synergy with other components. I also noticed that the base does not go as deep as the SR-Z1, and that the sound has more realism with the SR-Z1 in comparison. The cymbals and percussions, music as a whole, sound more "there". In short, to my likings, I find the SR-Z1 to bring more pleasure and excitement to the music than the Maestro. Maybe I haven't had enough time to the Maestro to fully break in so I will continue my listening.

This hobby is all about experiences, trial and errors to find one's musical holy grail. In my case, I think I just dicovered that I prefer a warmer sound than absolute neutrality. I remember when I inserted a Synergistic Blue fuse in my Yamaha CA-1000, I really enjoyed the fuller sound, that deep base impact it brought. With the Maestro, it is kind of gone. In exchange, a more clean sound and maybe tighter base. As I said, I will give more time on the Maestro but eventually I will re-insert the SR-Z1 to confirm my findings.

I was informed by Ivan that the Shunyata CopperCONN outlet is available for purchase separately. I would be very curious to try that one, especially if it follows on the SR-Z1. Very little information is available though so I think the only way to know if I would like it, would be to buy one and try for myself.

Edit:
I suggest anyone interested in the Maestro to read this comparison:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...ac_outlets.htm

The SR-Z1 being essentially a Hubbell, you can have a reference point with this review. I re-read at least 5 times these reviews and my conclusions are pretty in line with their findings.

Thanks for the update on the outlets!

From your description, the Shunyata SR-Z1 seems to be an outlet I'd like to hear. I tend to like a warmer, richer, midrange because that's what sounds natural to me.

Of course if any info on the Copperconn outlet comes to light, that would be valuable, too. Is it certain that the CopperCONN is a different duplex than the SR-Z1? The Shunyata website still reads that the "SR-Z1 outlets provide a critical contribution toward the award-winning performance of Shunyata’s power-distribution products." It also reads that "This is the same AC outlet used in HYDRA TRITON."

I use or have used Furutech GTX-D (gold), GTX-D (rhodium), Audience Hidden Treasure, and Audioquest Edison duplexes. All have their own character, and there are attributes of a couple I wish could be combined into a single duplex.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 07-24-2019 at 12:09 AM.