View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Go Dawgs

Default Audio Aficionado to invade Atlanta next weekend (trip report)

So some of us RMAF guys have been talking for the last couple of years about all getting together for some fun in the sun here in Atlanta, GA (to give Marc & Ed a break from the Seattle winter!) . Well barring something unexpected, it's happening next weekend . I'm going to host an ATL get together....flying in on Saturday will be Marc (2fastdriving), Steve (SL1800), Rob (Robc33) and Tim from Louisiana (Timobi). Jim (WeirdCuba) is gonna hook up with us on Saturday evening for dinner. Ed (For the Love of Music) and Mark (SCAudiophile) are still trying to see if they can make their schedule work out and we're hoping they'll be able to hang with us. Unfortunately Aditya (DocMD) wasn't able to make it this time but hope to have him some other time.

BTW, if any other AA members that I'm not aware of are around the Atlanta area next weekend, please PM me if you want to meet any of us members.

The plan is to pick everyone up from the airport early on Friday, grab some lunch perhaps and head back to my house for an evening of home theater, drinking and audio on the D'agostino, Avalon, VPI and dCS 2 channel system. The plan on Saturday is to hit a late breakfast early lunch and then head to the Audio Co. of Atlanta (if they'll ever call me back) for a demo of the big Von Schweikert reference system among their other lines. We'll probably hit a couple of record stores and then follow it up with a trip over to see Alan at Hifi Buys where Tim (if I can talk him into it) and I may place a deposit on some new gear perhaps????? If we still have any funds left after Hifi, gonna meet Jim and head to a good restaurant down in midtown before coming back to my place. Hopefully we'll have a heck of a time.....pretty cool how we've all met and gotten to know each other.......we'll have a bunch of pictures to post later on so stay tuned........looking forward to it!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3