View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 07:53 PM

Something those of you using a VPI SDS to control their turntable motor(s) probably have known for years, but I just found out about from a friend a few days ago —

In “calibration mode”, entered by holding down the up and down arrow buttons simultaneously while switching on the power, one of the SDS cal functions is a running total of the hours the SDS has been playing (the cal windows can be stepped through by pressing the 33/45 rpm button when in cal mode).

Since I’ve already found that I’m not particularly good at remembering to start a little stop-watch timer by the turntable to track hours on the new Aeon, this is a nice feature since I don’t have to remember to add the new “start the stop-watch” step to my vinyl playing routine. Or even more importantly, I don’t have to remember to turn the stop-watch off at the end of an evening!

I just use the total on the SDS when I mounted the new Aeon as “time zero” and go from there.

Steve

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!