View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Marc,

I have appreciated many of your comments over the years. You have voiced your opinion about AR being a "step above" Mac many times and in many different ways.

The point I am making and will continue to make is that for some reason, AR aficionados voice this opinion on threads they initiate over and over. It is both fascinating and tiresome at the same time.

You have no experience with CJ and it is rare to see a CJ aficionado begin threads like the one I am on which really amounts to an "AR is a step above Mac" thread, always with the disclaimer that Ymmv, whatever that means. I think most recognize that posts are one's opinion.

I'm simply using CJ as an example. CJ is a more natural competitor to AR than is Mac and yet you have no experience with CJ. There are several other companies that make very expensive tube equipment exclusively that are natural competitors to AR. Why don't we hear from them and their experience with AR? Why don't we hear from CJ aficionados and their experience with AR?

There are many other expensive SS amps other than Dags. If I were going to go that route (away from Mac and away from Mac SS) I would probably go with Constellation, not Dag. Mr. A'gostinao is well into his 80's. I would not be going with a Dag.

AR aficionados and Dag aficionados have this need to compare their brands to Mac and give their testimonies.

This is actually a great compliment to Mac because Mac becomes the benchmark, the measuring stick, if you will.

What does Dan's age have to do with anything? He's at the top of his game, I think.

I'm also a fan of Constellation, by the way.

I don't know why we don't hear from CJ people on that comparison, but I clearly stated it was JUST my opinion about ARC. I was trying to say that I'm not denigrating Mac, I just felt like ARC was an improvement in my system.

In fact, every time i've heard ARC+Wilson it's been glorious. Great pairing!

Another favorite pairing of mine is VTL+Wilson. Equally glorious, but a bit more expensive for those Siegfrieds!