View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrsale View Post
before making any decision. youtube adds or takes equally from each and through many recordings statistically one can get a real sense of the speaker. I've heard all mentioned speakers on youtube and Rockports did not impress me. cannot come close to focal scala nor b&w 80x diamonds.

tad cr1 that is the ultimate speaker. rockports, salon2 etc. average speakers at most. focal scala utopia III is a "poor" man tad cr1 and if you are tight with money then 802d which compensates its lack of cr1-like qualities with its own set of qualities.
if you are really tight with money go with Salk, and Symphonia 7R at the very bottom. remember always go to youtube first and hear speakers there as many recordings as possible
I'm assuming there isn't some humour intended with the youtube advice?
My experience, I owned 802Ds for 4-5yrs and was very happy with them but as always the upgrade bug bit & I actually had my eyes on 800Diamonds & spent several hours with them. The Rockport Aviors are very much a step above in every aspect (as you would hope for the extra $), hence I bought them. I would be very cautious about relying on youtube audio for any hifi purchase!

And jdebonth, a belated congrats on a great purchase
Thales TTT-C battery drive, Thales Simplicity II, Lyra Atlas, RCM Theriaa phono, Playback Designs MPS-5 SACD, ASR Emitter II Exclusive + Battery Power Supply, Rockport Technologies Avior, Argento Flow interconnect & speaker cables, HRS isolation

Last edited by David.m; 03-06-2014 at 01:55 AM.