View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Doug...I am a big fan of John's work. I liked the Super 8, the Nines, and Silverback a lot. I am interested in hearing the new Gibbon X speakers he is coming out with (I believe $11K). And yes, the folks at Box Furniture are his cabinet makers and I believe they share manufacturing space in Brooklyn

Interesting that you are going from the Wyred DAC2 to the Wavelength Brick. What's prompting the switch?
Cyril, the dealer I bought the Super 8's from got in the new 88's and said they are a nice step up from them. I would imagine the X's will be the same. From photos I've seen they look like they will be quite a full range speaker. I'm very interested in the Orangutan models but they are a little too far out of my price range right now.

I've had the Wyred DAC for a few years now. It has great data retrieval, and the sound is top notch. I've tried a few different DAC's in my system and so far nothing has been a huge improvement from it. I'm very happy with it but I guess I'm just looking to move on and try something else.