View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
Awesome! I think you'll be ecstatic with either the Fire or Wild. The Wild I have that sound slightly warm have the older, ugly plastic (in the case of XLR) Bocchino plugs, so I'm not sure if the warmth is coming from that. The newer plugs may be more resolving (at the very least they look way better, and seem to have a better grip on the cable sheath too), and I should find out after I get my pair re-terminated. Either way it's a great cable.
I was looking at some of the older price books online and noticed they switched to 8 layer from 7 layer NDS for the Wilds. Wonder if that has anything to do with warmth you are mentioning. The problem is figuring out which one you buying I guess.

On another note, anyone notice on the Oaks that the timing is a bit mismatched for the treble and bass, leading to a heavier bass influence? When I use my older Mont Blancs with the Earth the highs and vocals are balanced, switching to Oaks and the vocals and instruments blend together with everything else.