View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Hi Gareth... Thanks for your kind words! My wife Donna is equally truly amazed by the number of the systems I have, perhaps not in the same light as you meant.

I have always craved a pair of Aerial 20T's since they were first introduced. I love their presence, detail and ribbon tweeters. This system ranks quite high on my list powered by all Esoteric gear.

My Burmester/Aida reference system is in a class by itself. It can reproduce music like no other system I have heard, as well as the venue the source was recorded in with uncanny accuracy. Whether it be a small night club, or a full orchestra in a grand ballroom. They constantly amaze and entertain me!
Many thanks for your reply Ivan - I had enough trouble convincing my wife I needed a separate stereo set-up after she 'allowed' me to have a dedicated home cinema room, so your wife may in fact be more accepting that you realise!

I have been intrigued by the Sonus Fabers (though obviously not at the level of the Aida - more at the Amati Anniversario kind of level), but ironically (given that I live in the UK) I seem to have an ever growing preference for US branded gear. In fact all my speakers and all my amps are of US origin!

I would dearly love to hear some 20T's, but sadly Aerial have very little representation in the UK - indeed most UK audiophiles will never have heard of Aerial Acoustics. As far as I am aware there are no 20T's in the UK at all- and I mean none; none available for demo and none ever sold (by the UK distributor at least)! Which is very sad to be honest, as i think Aerial produce some incredible speakers - the now discontinued Model 9's which I demo'd at home for about three months, and the LR5's which I now own in my HC, are amongst some of the best speakers I have ever heard - outclassing even the PMC MB2i's I had previously.