View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge_A View Post
A question to those having more than 1 Rel in their setups.

I first acquired two, and recently added a third one with intentions to build a 2+2 (stacked) system.
So, now I have two stacked G1s on the left, and one G1 on the right.

What I noticed is that the volume level of every sub is different. And it seems not only because of the room, even tactile sensing (touching the woofers while they play) tells you the same thing.
For example, I currently ended up with having the left top G1 at gain 15, bottom left G1 at 10, and the right G1 at 12 to make them all play at the same level.

Anyone else has had similar experience? Is it normal to have this kind of inconsistency from one sub to another?
Hi, I have different gain settings on my 2 G1s. I guess it's pretty common and also advised to level the output given different, asymmetric placements. I have, however, crossed them both over at 25hz, which is around the F3 point for my Avior. I know of one more person in the US with a 6 pack of G1s, coincidentally with the same speakers as mine, who I spoke to sometime back. He has different gain as crossover settings for each of his G1s. So I guess it all comes down to what your hearing test tells you.

Cheers

Sujay