View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
CLEE.......I totally lost interest in Magico as a speaker company with value when I saw the sealant oozing out of the seam on Toga's Magico Q7 and Magico's first response to Toga was demanding his AA thread about the defect be deleted from the forum. Toga is one year into a five year warranty period and gets bullied by Magico for asking advice from his audio friends. That's the kind of customer service I avoid like the plague. Spending $185,000 for a pair of Magico Q7's should have Magico jumping through hoops to satisfactorily solve Toga's Q7 issue. Trying to intimidate him is totally unacceptable. Shame on you Magico. Oh, and the answer is NO if you think I am deleting my post. Since the Project M speakers are nearly as expensive as Toga's Q7's, I would suggest one ponder before writing a the check. Do you want this type of customer service, too?
Dan...+1,000! You couldn't pay me to do any business with Magico (plus I never liked their sonic signature to begin with) but as you say arrogance and customer intimidation are not traits of any company I would want to do business with, least of which a company selling luxury (aka highly discretionary) consumer audio products. What a bunch of ingrates. Period. Full stop.

This is not an isolated incident as I have heard many stories of Magico being arrogant at audio shows and another incident where an issue with a speaker under warranty did not go well. This institutional arrogance definitely stems from the top. I have met Alon Wolf once at a demo of his Q5 speaker and he is clearly arrogant. Pity that he has no humility and does not understand how fleeting success can be. Reputations in this industry can be destroyed in short order, which is why every experience with every customer has to be about delighting them not treating them like dirt. The data points are too many to ignore.

Last edited by cmalak; 06-08-2014 at 05:46 PM.