View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:33 AM

System
MX122 Mc Home theater preamp
MC8207 7 channel pro amp.
Oppo 203
SF O3 Main and Center, rears are Jamo soon to be B&W in ceiling 7.3
Panamax M5400-EX, considering replacing with Shunyata or Mc MPC-1500
Velodyne 10" optima sub, I also am researching a proper replacement for a giant room.

Cables
Audioquest power outlets with silver plated contacts, on order
Power cables are all OEM, one Shunyata Delta NF is on order to test
XLR interconnects is Audioquest Mackenzie, one of which is probably bad
Speaker wire is between blue jeans biwired with locking bananas (surprisingly good quality), and I have a set of Audioquest Rocket 88 bulk wire cut and terminated by my local dealer not-biwired (surprisingly poor quality) I blind tested my wife and the blue jeans sounds much better to her, very different sound.

I had a talk with Norsdost represented at a booth with the local nordost dealer at the RMAF. They do not like biwire and claim it actually hurts phase shift or something like that. They want me to buy their jumper cables. I also had a long talk with Shunyata, they didn't have a preference for normal or biwire and stated the speaker itself is indicative of the necessity of normal or biwire. If the internal crossovers are shared than it really doesn't matter, if they aren't shared then the speaker will benefit. (I'm paraphrasing here and I might not understand it perfectly) He did say that biwire fetches less on the second hand market if that matters to me.

I'm over-researching cables and equipment because a proper inroom demo is not available to me. I have to rely on the opinions of my peers; and facts and pricing from the manufacturers.