View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 01:54 PM
The Architect

I have sent the invites out and hope to be able to set up the DAC comparison before the new year. I will keep everyone posted.

Serge - I appreciate your additional comments and I expect that additional time and break in would be very important in evaluating the overall sound and long term potential of the Gumby.

I do know that my other friend's Yggy is close to if not over a year old, so break in won't be an issue there. Figuring out the warm up part is more difficult since the units have to be unplugged and brought over to my place to listen to.

Last Saturday's listening session to the Gumby was fun, although I thought my MW Oppo 105 sounded better overall, especially with regard to bigger dynamics, soundstage depth, and frequency extension of the sound. The Gumby as it sounded was very good, but it's the POTENTIAL of what it is capable of after full break in and leaving it turned on a longer period of time that has me thinking I might want one (or a Yggy possibly if it's not too bright sounding in my system)...
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables

Last edited by JJinID; 12-28-2017 at 02:15 PM.