View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 02:11 PM

Post 1st time to totally wash and detail the "Tango-Red-Metallic" RS3 ...

Greetings RS3 owners,

So guys I finally received the rest of my cleaning products as well as the EGO Battery-Powered "Hand-Held-Blower".
I have not washed the RS3 since taking delivery of it back the 3rd week of May on the 18th.
In my situation I have not had any reason to have to drive it in inclement weather conditions.
As some of you know the wife has the Golf R so when the weather conditions are really crappy I/we just use it.
Plus if I didn't drive it some it would basically just sit in the garage as Cathy works at home.

Moving right along the RS3 could have stood some cleaning and refreshing but I was waiting for everything to arrive to do that very thing.
As I said it all has arrived so Saturday I decided to do my thing.
One thing I did find out was that the newly arrived IK Foam 9 UN-Fortunately had cracks in the Black-Tube that the Foaming Solution comes out of.
That I hated as I was so looking forward to using it and would have liked to have provided you guys with some pictures of it doing it's foaming.
I called Amazon Customer Care and they were as "Always" extremely helpful with No-Hesitation on sending out a New IK Foam 9 replacement.
It will be here this coming Tuesday.

I will say that doing the front wheels and those HUGE-Bright-Red-Calibers to me is a Bitch !!!
Very-very time consuming if your like me and want to make sure everything is absolutely spotless.
Yes, you guessed it I'm maybe a tiny bit anal.
The rears are super easy .............

Oh, one more thing I should comment on and this to me and I think you guys is my newly arrived EGO Hand-Held-Battery-Blower.
I did order mine so I could get the Largest Battery, Shoulder-Strap and the Rapid-Charger.
Fellows it is the STUFF and it is fast and super efficient.
I didn't time it to be honest but I have not much doubt that I probably was using it Full-Power using the "BOOST or Maximum" POWER for like 30-minutes.
I blew All the water from the outside like the front black grille openings, all 4-wheels until there was No-Water anywhere on them or the Under-Fender areas.
Then I opened everything up like doors, trunk etc. and blew All-Water-Off until none remained.
I didn't have to use any Micro-Fiber-Towel/Towels to further dry anything as there was No-Water-Left anywhere !!!
I HIGHLY recommend the EGO and if you are physically pretty strong I suggest getting just the EGO-Blower, then the Larger Extended-Battery, Rapid-Charger & Shoulder Strap as I did.
You will NOT run out of POWER guys ...........

Okay, pictures below as always but I didn't have the opportunity to do pictures of the IK Foam 9 in ACTION and that I really wanted to do.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

I hope some of you like me that do wash/detail your RS3's find this Post helpful,
Terry

BTW,
Hopefully the next time I do the above I can include the IK Foam 9 in action.

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html