View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Don,...using the grounding lugs on the Triton v3 a good friend loaned to me to put through its paces gives me better results than a Granite Audio Ground Zero that served me very well for over 10 years. I'd suggest asking Caelin what is happening viz. grounding in the Denali 6000 and Triton v3; whatever it is, even if it's as straightforward as just taken the grounding plane reference point fully into the Denali or Triton versus a bespoke extra box or something more is giving fantastic results from what I hear no matter what!
I'm not knocking Shunyata just pointing out, at least in the case of the Denali, that it appears no "special" treatment was given to the grounding system. On the Triton V3 I will not comment as I've not seen a clear picture of it's internals. I was using the Ground Zero along with my Talos before I upgraded to the Denali. I however wouldn't say the Denali was better than the Ground Zero but at least equaled my best results with the GA. This was judged by listening to several recordings I use as "reference" when judging system changes/upgrades. I also used a db meter with all sources turned on (no music playing) with the volume turned up all the way and running trough the various sources watching the db meter as I did so. Not the most scientific method I know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.