View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDaddy View Post
Congrats Pampero!
Thanks, Dad! A few days ago I nudged the HF (call it a pad?)up a 1/2 dB, then yesterday went for the full output. It keeps getting better.

The F208s are revealing of the source. The Duh moment: Better recordings sound better, weaker ones are not as articulate or satisfying, but it's a rare instance indeed when the Revels don't make music.

The outstanding balance of trait of these transducers, how they get so much right and so little wrong, is their strong suit. Truly excellent value and it's all about balanced performance. In retrospect, they weren't even that hard to set up, but they do respond to small adjustments.

I am eager to get the Salon2s, but now they can come when they come. Like you I've developed an attachment to the F208s that may make it hard to sell them once the big boys get here. It will be interesting to see what four times the money buys in respect to improved performance. I no longer have lingering doubts about the Revel team's ability to hit the target in the 10 ring. The F208s are easy to love, and the plethora of reviews are on the money. Couldn't be happier with them especially in consideration of their price.

Last edited by Pampero; 05-19-2016 at 01:53 PM.